Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Yes, Lord.


"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?" - Romans 8:31

God wants me to go in a new direction with this humble blog. For many years, I've posted family recipes and homespun stories about my childhood and family life. My handle, "ClareMom," is a mash-up of my hometown and the name I love the most.

Twice this year someone has said, "You ought to write about your faith." And it just seemed too random to be...random. God doesn't speak to me with a giant booming voice from heaven. He speaks to me through His Word, thoughts that pop into my head, and conversations with others who love me and know my heart.

The past three years have been a time of spiritual awakening for me. It started with a Disciple One class at my church and has continued through Disciple Two, Disciple Three, and Christian Believer. What I know for certain is that each time I open my Bible, the words leap off the page in a way that is both refreshing and startling. I want to share those moments with you.

I know what you must be thinking. This is going to end badly. I've veered off into the realm of religious ranters who use the Bible as a weapon. Those blogs that love to point out the sins and transgressions of others and cram God down the throats of non-believers.

I refuse to be a part of that. The God I know and love, the God of the Universe, loves you with all of His heart. That is God's message today.

If God is FOR you, who would dare to stand AGAINST you? In his letter to the Romans, the Apostle Paul wrote, "I'm convinced that NOTHING can separate us from God's love in Christ Jesus our Lord: not death or life, not angels or rulers, not present things or future things, not powers or height or depth, or any other thing that is created."

God wanted me to tell you that He loves you. Yes, you.

And, I don't think he'll mind if I share a recipe every now and again. That's the kind of God He is.

2 comments:

  1. How did I not know you write a blog?! I'm so glad to know and I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, indeed! I would be humbled if you followed and read it. Much love to you, my friend!

      Delete