Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

Heartbroken

ClareMom is absolutely heartbroken tonight. Every single one of my blog posts from the past two years, which I posted on Vox, are now gone. Vox apparently closed in the wee hours of this morning, with nary an email to alert me to the situation.

All of the stories about the cute things my precious children have said and done over the past two years are gone. All of my recipes have disappeared. Treasured photos and comments from friends have vanished.

I began blogging in 2008 because I was falling further and further behind on my scrapbooking efforts and I wanted to give both of my children an album of stories and remembrances of the things they did and said as children. I also wanted to hand down cherished family recipes and stories of my childhood, particularly stories about my beloved mother and grandparents, all of whom are gone now.

And now, everything is gone. Stupidly, I saved nothing on my computer. All I have are the first few lines of each post, saved on Facebook. I will spend the next several weeks rewriting each post, trying to reconstruct precious mementos from tiny snippets.

I am so sad. I have tears in my eyes right now. Worst of all, I feel so dumb. I should have backed everything up on my computer!

Learn from my mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment